Thursday, August 5, 2010

Fun with Friends

We spent some time this week with our best friends.

We played

 

A lot!

 

And explored 
 
  

And learned
 
Willow, of course, documented the whole thing.  I may have to just trade her the better camera--her pictures are lovely and artistic.  It's pretty amazing to see the world through her eyes, in the most literal way possible.  How lucky for her, to grow up at a time when the technology is available to capture images in the moment and at only negligible costs.  What i would have given for a digital camera at her age!  I hope i soon have the nerve to trust her with a piece of equipment better suited for a more serious pursuit of this hobby, because i do think she's ready for it.  But am i?  Here are some images that she captured herself with a very basic, cheap, old camera:

2 comments:

Shini said...

She's really good with the camera, she has a great eye.

Amanda said...

Wow she is extremely talented... i think the investment in a nicer camera is definitely worth it. I have a hard time imagining that your children don't know how to handle nice things... so I am sure she would value it and treat it with respect!