Friday, June 10, 2016

Locking It Down

All Mommy Blogging must eventually come to an end, right? Or, at least, become more private. Let's face it: we're not blogging like we used to. And we're not sharing as publicly, or reading as randomly, as we used to. If we find someone we love, we follow them on Facebook, or Instagram, or some other app thing. Blogging is old-fashioned and overly detailed. And maybe that's good. Let's be honest: sometimes we over-share or over-brag, and the kids don't really appreciate it.

My 14-year-old son has already mentioned being uncomfortable with his baby photos out in the public domain. I've begun taking steps (mostly remembering passwords for old accounts....) to have them removed. Of course, since they were posted online, they are technically "out there forever" but they will be a lot harder to find. 

And what about this blog? I've made a lot of contacts here, and organized a lot of information and documented things I want to remember. I suppose it'll be set to private soon. But maybe not today. At least it's not showing up on google searches. Maybe that will be a good compromise.

0 comments: