Tuesday, October 4, 2005

i had an OB appointment today; i'm measuring 39 1/2 weeks at 37 weeks, lol. When he was measuring me, the nurse-dude made a comment to noone in particular (my husband and a nurse were in the room, so i guess he was talking to both) that "i'm surprised she isn't complaining; she's really running out of room in there" He also told me "You don't have to wait for your due date, you know" I think he was trying to be funny, but is that supposed to scare me? I'm scheduled for another ultrasound, so they can determine just how big my freak of a baby is. Ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate for determining size, so i don't know if they're just looking for an excuse to induce me, or what. I can tell you right now, that is not going to happen, and they're really in for a shock when i tell them i'm not taking pain medication either. They haven't even asked me about that yet. They treat me like i'm the craziest person they've ever had walk through that office anyway. It's very sad. i guess noone else questions them.

Baby hasn't dropped yet. Mr.Nurse-Dude is very frustrated. i would be lieing if i said it didn't amuse me a bit. Am i really that crazy for wanting my baby, even though she's the size of a turkey, to finish cooking? I don't think so.

0 comments: