Yesterday we had a bad case of the Mondays: our first major 5th grade homework and impossible project list was received, one damaged lunchbox was brought home, one concussion was narrowly avoided (i hope!) after a nasty collision on the playground, and one kid came home sick.
I'm hoping today is better. But we have already missed the bus, so i'm not too sure. Willow is staying home to rest and hopefully get over the headache she's had since yesterday and the minor fever she woke up with.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Day 5 of Public School.
Posted by hippie_mama at 7:39 AM
Labels: public school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm going to search your blog for reasons you sent the kids to school this year. My son requested to go to school after we home schooled for kindergarten. This is his second year in school and there are some things that I have been surprised about with my own feelings and how things are playing out. I'd love to hear how you feel things are going for your family.
The decision was made pretty suddenly and i really haven't explored my feelings on it LOL! The kids are happy and adjusting well, and that's all that really matters--or rather, that's all i choose to assign meaning to. Make sense? I need to do some thinking on it. I do believe we're doing the right thing for us right now, but it's going to take me some time to see it from a perspective of 'this is us now.' I still feel like we're a homeschooling family. Maybe that's because we're doing so much re-teaching of things that the school doesn't get completely right. I don't know. I feel an essay coming on, lol.
Post a Comment